10.24.2008

Inspirational quotes from ArtQuotes.Net

Creativity takes courage - Henri Matisse
* After a half-century of hard work and reflection the wall is still there *



A painter paints the appearance of things, not their objective correctness, in fact he creates new appearances of things. - Ernst Ludwig Kirchner


There is no must in art because art is free. - Wassily Kandinsky


Everything vanishes around me, and works are born as if out of the void. Ripe, graphic fruits fall off. My hand has become the obedient instrument of a remote will. - Paul Klee

The final test of a painting, theirs, mine, any other, is: does the painter's emotions come across? - Franz Kline

All true artists, whether they know it or not, create from a place of no-mind, from inner stillness. - Eckhart Tolle
I dream a lot. I do more painting when I'm not painting. It's in the subconscious. - Andrew Wyeth

A sincere artist is not one who makes a faithful attempt to put on to canvas what is in front of him, but one who tries to create something which is, in itself, a living thing. - William Dobell

Man can't do without God. Just like you're thirsty, you have to drink water. You just can't go without God. - Bob Marley



I found I could say things with color and shapes that I couldn't say any other way--things I had no words for. - Georgia O'Keefe


The only time I feel alive is when I'm painting. - Van Gogh

No comments: