10.23.2008

So what is abstract art?


Ok I have to admit, although I definitely appreciate abstract art (maybe more than representational art) when you'd ask me to explain abstract art it would be hard for me to articulate what it is even though visually I can appreciate it.
This is how I started this internet journey: I found the article on abstract art by looking up Piet Mondrian images on Google which lead me to another very cool blog where I was captivated by a Helen Frankenthaler picture (Helen Frankenthaler, "The Bay" see image at top of the post) and especially by this quote:

"There are no rules. That is how art is born, how breakthroughs happen. Go against the rules or ignore the rules. That is what invention is about."~ Helen Frankenthaler

And in "Googling" Helen Frankenthaler for Images ran across a Wikipedia entry which led me to the page way at the top of the post...

To check out more of Helen's art you can Google it yourself or click here.

No comments: